February 8, 2020

BERN


SORRY BUSY NEW NOW WORK VISIT FIND WORD ABOVE HISTORIC FOUNTAIN ZYTGLOGGE CAFE ALSO
Dear Cathy,
First, I’m ___ for waiting so long ___ write to you. I ___ have written earlier if ___ had had the time, ___ we have been quite ___ getting organised in our ___ home.
My parents and ___ are living in Bern ___ because my dad is ___ at the university. Bern ___ the capital of Switzerland. ___ if you come to ___, you’ll be surprised to ___ that it isn’t really ___ big city. The name ___ comes from the German ___ for bear and it’s ___ symbol of the city.
___ is on a hill ___ the River Aare and ___ atmosphere in this beautiful ___ city is special. There ___ lovely old bridges, many ___ and historic towers around ___ city. One of Bern’s ___ famous buildings is the ___, a clock tower from ___ year 1210.
There are ___ nice little shops and ___ along the small streets ___ the old part of ___. The local people and ___ lot of tourists enjoy ___ this area. Bern has ___ got many museums, including the Paul Klee House and the Albert Einstein Museum, and a lot of interesting art galleries.
   My mum likes visiting them. My dad and I prefer hanging out at the huge park in the centre of town. It’s next to a famous open-air market. We often go to the market when it’s open – on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
[…]
Love,
Jenny


___
Have fun....and take care!